How do I install inserts in my H3D Tool Corp. Insert Tool?
As with any work on a machine with moving parts, we recommend thatÂ a lockout tagout procedure be used for operator safety. Â Click the image at the left to view larger.
- Remove tool from machine
- Place tool on work surface that allows easy access to the tool hardware
- Loosen either the gib screw or remove the face mount screws
- Remove the insert and / or gib
- Thoroughly clean the mounting surface for the insert in the tool holder
- Install new insert or insert and existing gib
- Apply pressure at 45 degrees toward the locating surface or screw as indicated
- Torque gib screw to 150 in/lbs or face mount screw to 5 nm
- Completely wipe down tool holder to make sure it is free from dust and debris
- Clean receiving arbor/toolholder/chuck and reinstall tool
- Rotate tool by hand to insure clear cutting path
- Remember to remove all installation tooling before starting machine
- Start making lots and lots of parts
See our new Insert Changing Station articleÂ for an easy way to hold your insert heads while changing the inserts!
<< Back to list page
Email this Page